Last updated: 08 March 2023
Enjoy the stopover visa program with SAUDIA, which allows you to book your flight through our digital channels and stop for up to 96 hours with a free stay for one day, during which you can perform Umrah, visit holy sites, visit tourist and historical places, and other wonderful activities. In cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, we have made it possible for you to obtain a stopover visa immediately during the booking process.
Steps to book a stopover visa with SAUDIA
- Select your international departure and arrival destinations.
- Choose your flights with the most suitable connection time for you, up to a maximum of 96 hours.
- If you do not have a valid document to enter Saudi Arabia; Apply for a stopover visa from the additional services page on the SAUDIA website.
- Make sure to prepare your personal photos on your device according to the required specifications (200 * 200px file size -20kb) before you start filling out the form.
- Pay the fees for the ticket and visa in one step on the SAUDIA website
- After completing the previous steps, you will receive an email with the issued visa and insurance for the duration of your stay in Saudi Arabia.
Conditions for benefiting from free accommodation
- Once payment is confirmed, apply for a one-day free stay by clicking on the SAUDIA holidays banner on the reservation confirmation page, or from manage my booking SAUDIA Holiday banner, or the SAUDIA Holidays website.
- We would like to inform you that the free one night package must be booked at least 48 hours before the departure time to ensure the completion of the booking, as it is not possible to make packages for the free one night if the time is less than 48 hours left to the flight departure.
- When you arrive at the hotel, please present your boarding pass to the hotel receptionist to benefit from the free accommodation offer.
- Hotel reservations depend on the capabilities available at the time of making the reservation. A request can be submitted via the form available on the site in the event that the possibility of reservation is not available.
- Selected hotel’s policies will be applied on case of reservation change or refund.
Electronic Stopover Visa
- The electronic stopover visa is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The residence period is 96 hours, and its validity is 90 days from the date of its issuance. The periods may change according to the regulations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The stopover visa is not extendable.
- The number of stopover times allowed for a single visa is one trip, as another stopover visa is required in the event that there are additional trips that require a stopover in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia again.
- Visa fees, electronic service fees, medical fees, and insurance fees for an individual are calculated and prepared according to the visa regulations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Obtaining the electronic stopover visa does not necessarily guarantee entry to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, as the documents will be checked by the passport officer to verify the validity of the information that was submitted.
Conditions for granting an electronic transit visa
- A recognized passport that does not contain any restriction or condition and is valid for a period of not less than six months (considering the bilateral agreements between the Kingdom and other countries regarding the validity of the passport).
- A confirmed travel ticket to the intended destination, and an entry visa to it or a residence permit if you are not a citizen of the country is not one of its citizens or are exempted from obtaining a visa to said country.
- Ensure that the visa sent via e-mail is printed and shown upon entering the Kingdom.
- A stopover visa is not accepted if the guest has a valid visa or documents allowing him to enter the Kingdom.
- The applicant can cancel the visa if he refuses to travel, and there will be no refund for any of the visa fees after issuance, with the application of all terms and conditions of Saudi Airlines for airline tickets.
- You can apply for another visa immediately after canceling the current visa for any reason.
- Companions under the age of eighteen are included in the visa applicant’s application, as companions of this age group are not allowed to apply individually.
- In the event that the application is rejected for one of the applicants, all persons attached to the same application will be rejected accordingly.
- The price that appears after the approval of the sent request includes all fees related to the service, including insurance fees.
- Passengers who have a stopover visa and have a stopover of more than 24 hours are required to collect their baggage at the stopover station, and it is not possible to deliver the baggage if the stopover time is less than 24 hours.
- Passengers will not be accepted at the originating station if the requirements for travel to the final destination are not completed.
- In the event that the stopover passenger is not accepted at the transportation station, the passenger will bear the cost of returning him to the origin station at his own expense.
- The responsibility to ensure the validity of the travel documents, the validity of the visa, the duration of the layover, health requirements, attendance for the flight before the take-off time, and the amendment of the reservation after the issuance of the visa and tickets is the responsibility of the traveler.
- Passenger should be having a confirmed PNR to the final destination as SAUDIA will not accept separated PNR.
- Passenger need to print the boarding pass and baggage tags in the origin station if the transit era does not exceed 24 hours.
- Passengers who are authorized to obtain a visa upon arrival in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and who are accompanied by a reservation for a connection will not be treated as passengers in stopover, and their travel procedures will be completed to the first station, regardless of the period of the connection, and they must fulfill all travel requirements to their final destination before embarking on travel.