- 391 Orchard Road, Takashimaya Shopping Center Ngee Ann City #03-11C, Singapore 238872
Availability: 01 Jan 2023 to 28 Feb 2023
22 JAN 2023 *CNY*
31 JAN 2023
Taxes & Fuel Surcharge: S$620*
Tour Code: GAJWN2301
Ginzan Onsen, Mt. Zao Ropeway “Snow Monster”, Snow Hut Village, Snow Monkey Park
Strawberry Picking, Rice Cake Pounding Experience (45min), Rice Cracker Making Experience (30min), 01-night Ski Resort, Lunch at Snow Hut “Kamakura”, Shinkansen Ride Experience
Sightseeing & Shopping Experiences:
Northern Culture Museum, Michoeki Furusato Mura, Miyagi Zao Fox Village, Mayumi Takahashi Museum of Doll Art
Special Gourmet Delights:
Sumptuous Japanese multi-course dinner Japanese Kaiseki or buffet in Ryokans/Hotels, local delights at restaurant
Hotel / Ryokan Stays:
04 nights of authentic Japanese Onsen experience in Zao Onsen/Makinoyama Onsen, Bandai Atami Onsen, Iwamuro Onsen & Yudanaka Onsen. 01 night Ski Resort in Echigo Yuzawa/Myoko. 01 night of centrally located hotel in Tokyo
Day 1 Assemble at Changi Airport for Check in
- JL036 SIN-HND 2225-0555+1
- JL175 HND-GAJ 0715-0815
Day 2 Yamagata – Ginzan Onsen – Sagae – Zao Onsen/Kaminoyama Onsen
- Hotel: Morino Hotel Wald Berg / Nihonnoyado Koyo or similar / Japanese room
- Meal: Meal on Board / L / D
- Upon arrival at Yamagata Airport, coach transfer to Ginzan Onsen Town. Ginzan Onsen became nationally famous as it was featured in the popular television drama Oshin. Ginzan Onsen’s traditionally styled ryokan occupies beautiful three and four-story wooden buildings that, with their exposed woodwork and white plaster walls, evoke nostalgic feelings of a bygone era. After lunch [Yamagata Beef Steak Rice Bowl] at a local restaurant, transfer to a local farm in Sagae city and enjoy a superb quality taste of strawberries here with the Strawberry-picking (30min) activity. Finally, transfer to the hotel for check in and enjoy your dinner [Japanese Kaiseki] at the hotel.
Day 3 Zao Onsen/Kaminoyama Onsen – Bandai Atami Onsen
- Hotel: Hotel Hananoyu or similar / Japanese room
- Meal: B / L / D
- This morning, start your day at Mt. Zao (蔵王山). With a height of 1841 meters, Mt. Zao is one of the most prominent mountains in the Tpohoku Region. Take the Mt. Zao Ropeway (蔵王ロープウェイ) and admire the Snow Monster, “Juhyo” (樹氷) which is only available in winter season. Created by the unique climate and trees of Zao Mountains, this beautiful work of nature is a must-see sight in Zao. After that, proceed to a local restaurant for lunch [Beef Kamameshi Set]. After lunch, visit Miyagi Zao Fox Village – filled with over 100 animals and 6 different types of foxes. Zao Fox Village is one of the best places to see foxes and the foxes freely roam a preserve in which visitors can enter. However, the main reason to visit the Fox Village is that they are just so darn cute. At the end of the day, transfer to Bandai Atami Onsen for hotel check in. Tonight, enjoy your dinner [Japanese Kaiseki] at the hotel.
Day 4 Bandai Atami Onsen – Niigata – Iwamuro Onsen
- Hotel: Minoya or similar / Japanese room
- Meal: B / L / D
- After breakfast, start your day at Northern Culture Museum (北方文化博物館), an open air museum in Niigata. It contains the well-known mansion of the wealthy farming family called “gono”, gardens and houses in Edo period. Today, you’ll get to experience Rice Cake Pounding (45min) in this museum. Thereafter, proceed to Michoeki Furusato Mura, a large tourism facility in Niigata Prefecture. There are shops selling Niigata specialties, restaurants serving local cuisine, a Niigata sightseeing information corner and a corner providing Niigata historical and cultural information to visitors. This afternoon, you will have lunch [Hegi Soba Set] here. Thereafter, let’s experience Japanese Rice Cracker Baking (30min) on your own and enjoy these freshly baked crackers. Finally, transfer to Iwamura Onsen for hotel check in. Tonight, enjoy your dinner [Japanese Kaiseki] and natural hot spring at the hotel.
Day 5 Iwamuro Onsen – Echigo Yuzawa/Myoko
- Hotel: NASPA New Otani / Lotte Arai Resort or similar / Western room
- Meal: B / – / D
- After breakfast, transfer to Myoko and check in for Ski resort. Today, enjoy your free & easy time and dinner [Buffet] in this Ski Resort!
- ** Snow Activity / Skiing / Snowboarding: under own arrangement **
- ** Depends on the snow condition **
- ** Lunch is at your own expense **
Day 6 Echigo Yuzawa /Myoko – Iiyama – Yudanaka Onsen
- Hotel: Biyuno Yado or similar / Japanese room
- Meal: B / L / D
- After breakfast, transfer to Mayumi Takahashi Museum of Doll Art (高橋まゆみ人形館). This is an art museum where you can enjoy both a world of dolls created by the artist and the unspoiled landscape of the hometown that serves as its host at the same time. Next, continue your journey to Kamakura Snow Hut Village (鎌倉雪小屋村). The village is open for around a month, from the end of January to the end of February, and is made up of over 15 to 20 huts created from snow. The 15 to 20 Kamakura snow huts range in size, from big to small. They appear at the Shinanodaira area where huge amounts of snow is found. Today, you will experience a special Lunch in Kamakura Snow House! [Noroshi Nabe Hotpot & Rice Ball] Next, head to Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park (地獄谷野猿公苑). It offers visitors the unique experience of seeing wild monkeys bathing in a natural hot spring. Accustomed to humans, the monkeys can be observed from very close distance and are especially photogenic when the area is covered in snow. Finally, proceed to Yudanaka Onsen for hotel check in. Tonight, enjoy your dinner [Japanese Kaiseki] and natural hot spring at the hotel.
Day 7 Yudanaka Onsen – Nagano – Tokyo
- Hotel: Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba or similar / Western room
- Meal: B / – / –
- After breakfast, transfer to Nagano Station to take a Shinkansen (~ 100min) to Tokyo. Upon arrival at Tokyo station, move to local restaurant for lunch [Hinai Jidori Chicken Set]. After lunch, brief shopping at Tokyo Station area before transfer to Tokyo city for hotel check in. Tonight, enjoy your dinner at your own expense during free & easy time in Tokyo city.
Day 8 Tokyo – Singapore
- Meal: B / – / –
- JL711 NRT-SIN 1800-0050
- After breakfast, free at your own leisure until departure.
- Bid farewell to Japan this morning as we depart for Singapore. We hope that you have enjoyed this vacation with JTB and we look forward to helping you create your next perfect moments, always!
Day 9 Singapore
- Arrive Singapore
- All the photos are for illustration purposes only
- The itinerary is subject to change due to weather condition
- Meals indicated are for reference only and are subject to change
- Flight schedule is subject to change